3. Sheet Pan Curried Chicken and Vegetables
If you are in mood to take chicken in curry form just don’t worry and try the recipe of sheet pan curried chicken and vegetables.
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil, divided
- 4 teaspoons Curry powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons Salt, divided
- 4 cups Cauliflower florets
- 3 cups Carrots, , cut into sticks
- 2 Red bell peppers, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoons Fresh ginger, shredded
- 6 Chicken thighs, skin-on bone-in
- 2 cups Green onions, chopped
- 1 cup Cilantro, finely chopped
You just need a pan and add marinated chicken into it. Marinate the chicken with salt, pepper, oregano, Italian herbs and Thai basil. You can also simply cook the chicken.
Just saute the onion in one teaspoon oil then add chicken with spices. When it is done, add your requires vegetables into it.
It is protein rich dinner that is an initiative to weight loss journey.
4. Moroccan-Spiced Eggplant Stew
Sometimes you are feeling bored of taking meat. In this situation eggplant is best option. Because in your weight loss efforts it is very compulsory to take meal that is full of nutrition.
Eggplant is rich in fiber, manganese, thiamine, copper, vitamins and minerals.
- 1 large (~550 g) eggplant (unpeeled and cut into bite-size pieces // ~7 cups cubed eggplant as the recipe is written)
- 2 Tbsp olive or melted coconut oil (if avoiding oil, omit)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp olive or coconut oil (if avoiding oil, sub water)
- 1 large white or yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 2 14.5-oz cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water (or vegetable broth)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (optional // well rinsed and drained // or sub cooked lentils)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp harissa paste (or sub another favorite hot sauce or chili garlic sauce)
Eggplant can be used in small cubes or even you can mesh it. Just remove the skin of eggplant and cook it with the spices. It has some great smoky, spiced flavor.
Now add the vegetables like capsicum, carrots, spinach, cauliflower etc. Actually eggplant is gluten-free so it is a good option for the people who have dietary restrictions.
Take it with brown rice if you want to add more fiber in your dinner.